Windows not only provide a view to the outside, but they also limit heat gain and loss to keep your home more efficient and comfortable . However, old, poorly made, drafty, or degraded windows can waste lots of energy and leave you very uncomfortable when weather is the most extreme.
Heat gain and heat loss through windows are responsible for 25–30 percent of residential heating and cooling energy use. If you are replacing old drafty windows with new Energy Star certified windows, check out our rebate.
A single family site-built home or manufactured home with electric heat and AC can replace windows at $2 per square foot to receive a rebate of up to $200. This rebate will be issued as a credit on your South River EMC electric account
- Window must be installed by a licensed, insured replacement contractor.
- Home must have electric HVAC.
- Only one window rebate per home per 20 year period.
- Rebate is only available for exterior windows.
- Windows must meet Energy Star most efficient standards.
- Replacement must occur at member's primary residence.
- Rebates are subject to change without notice.
- All rebates are subject to approval and are contingent upon fund availability.
- If member qualifies for a HERO home rebate, the member does not qualify for an additional window rebate.